As you will be aware the Government announced that all schools will be closed from next Monday 23rd March. School is open tomorrow Friday 20th March. We have put the following plans in place:
- All children will be sent home with an exercise book and a pencil/pen.
- Teachers will upload work onto your child’s class webpage. Please check daily.
- Each teacher will set at least one piece of maths/English daily.
- Two reading books will be sent home. Continue to hear your children read each day. They can read other books from home as well. Oxford Owl has a free app which allows you access to books.
- For children in Years 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 – go on Times Tables Rock Stars. Miss Mallalieu has set up a boys v girls competition.
- Spellings to be learnt for the next two weeks will be given. Children can also access Spelling Shed. The child’s login name and password will be placed in their spelling book (for children from Years 1 to 6 only).
- All children can log onto Purple Mash via the school website using their own log in details (class username and password).
- Children in Reception, Year 1 and 2 have their phonic books to practice.
All teachers will be sending out their own notes with each child.
For parents who do not have internet access at home please contact school on Friday.
If both parents are in the “front line workers” group as issued by the Government today, please also ring school tomorrow (Friday) and let us know.
Please support your child at home with their learning.
Thank you for all your support in this matter. All parents have been fantastic this week keeping school informed of illnesses and updated on other matters.
Please do not hesitate to contact myself/school if you have concerns with any of the above.
Mrs F M Robinson