St Marie's RC Primary School is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for all children, staff and visitors and promoting a climate where children and adults will feel confident about sharing any concerns which they may have about their own safety or the well-being of others.
We follow the requirements set out in 'Keeping Children Safe in Education 2020' and 'Working Together to Safeguard Children 2018'.
The following 3 safeguarding partners are identified in Keeping Children Safe in Education (and defined in the Children Act 2004, as amended by chapter 2 of the Children and Social Work Act 2017). They will make arrangements to work together to safeguard and promote the welfare of local children, including identifying and responding to their needs:
- The local authority (LA)
- A clinical commissioning group for an area within the LA
- The chief officer of police for a police area in the LA area.
In Bury Local Authority it is ‘Bury Integrated Safeguarding Partnership’ (BISP).
Please read our Child Protection & Safeguarding Policy & Procedures document for further information.
Bury Encompass Commitment
As part of our commitment to keeping children safe we have signed up to implement the principles and aims of the Encompass Model.
In signing up to Encompass the Governing Body and Senior Leadership Team:
- Endorse the Encompass Model and support the Key Adults in our school to fulfil the requirements of the Bury Encompass Protocol.
- Promote and implement Bury Encompass processes and use these in accordance with internal safeguarding children processes.
- Recognise the sensitive nature of the information provided and ensure that this is retained in accordance with the principles of data protection.
Early Help and Early Intervention
At St Marie's we recognise that early help and intervention is crucial in supporting families to be the best that they can be and to overcome any challenges that they may face.
- To ensure the improvement of children’s learning as a clear and consistent goal
- To ensure all children increase their attainment and reach their potential through the provision of targeted support
- To support families where children’s learning is being impacted by factors within the family environment
- To encourage parents and carers to engage with their child’s learning and to work in partnership with school and other services.
- Barriers to learning will be removed
- Children will reach their full potential
- Increase in attainment of children
- Improvement in social and emotional well being of children and families
- Improvement of parenting capacity and resilience