Autumn 1 Begins!
A huge welcome back to you all! I am Mrs. McGrath and I am the Y6 teacher until Mrs. Woods returns. We are ready to start a fantastic term! Our learning challenge title is, "Who were the Ancient Greeks?" We have many exciting things planned this half term for your child.
Please read the newsletter attached for further details for our exciting curriculum planned this term.
Trying Our Best and Aiming High!
Autumn Term is a busy time of new experiences as the children settle into Y6 life. Here are some ways that you can help your child keep organised and excel in their learning at school:
- Avoid lost property by making sure ALL their possessions – especially coats, jumpers and bags - are marked with their name.
- Encourage your child’s growing independence by letting them begin to organise what they need each day for school.
- Listen to your child read for 15 minutes daily if possible; and ask them about their books. Please record what you read in their planner. We will monitor this. It is the most important skill your child will learn- so it is vitally important they read each day.
- Practise maths skills in an enjoyable and informal way – e.g. TT Rockstars, number games, mental arithmetic, table facts and maybe even practically!
- Encourage and support them to complete their Homework Challenges to a high standard - as independently as possible
- Please follow the uniform guidelines- no trainers in school. We have high standards so please do not let your child have extreme haircuts.
- Your child also has a login for spelling shed here your child’s weekly spelling will be put on each week for them to practise.
- Homework is due in each Friday and there will be a spelling test on this day too!
If you have any concerns please do not hesitate to contact us by phone or I am in the playground at the end of each day for a chat.
Thank you Mrs. McGrath and Miss Potts.